Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to search
2011 Appalachian Summer Post Festival Facts
- Total festival attendance reached over 27,000 this July.
- The festival welcomed the return of the Outdoor Fireworks Concert in the newly renovated Kidd Brewer Stadium with Dierks Bentley and a crowd of 7,000!
- Audiences enjoyed three sold out performances by k.d. Lang, The Manhattan Transfer and Triad Stage's The Sunset Limited.
- The winner of the inaugural Rosen-Schaffel Young Artist Competition was Ben Robinette who will return to the festival next year to perform with the Eastern Festival Orchestra
- The winner of the 25th Rosen Outdoor Sculpture Competition & Exhibition was Adam Walls for his sculpture, Surprise located at the Broyhill Music Center
- The festival was named one of the "Top 20 Events in the Souteast" by the Southeastern Tourism Society