Policies – State Farm Road Concert Lot
Dale Street (adjacent to the Intramural Field Lot), Boone, NC 28607
Ticketing and Seating
- Tickets are available online, by phone and in-person at the Schaefer Center Box Office.
- Seating has been designed in pods of two, four and six to maximize seating opportunities and maintain proper social distancing to provide safety and comfort for all patrons. The Box Office staff will strive to accommodate special seating requests, but seating availability is limited.
- Touch-free ticketing procedures will be utilized to minimize contact between ticket buyers and staff. Patrons can print their tickets at home by accessing their ticket inventory linked in their confirmation email or the Box Office staff can assist anyone with seating just prior to the show. No physical tickets will be available at Will Call.
- In the event of a performance cancellation, patrons will be offered the choice to either receive a credit for the full value of their tickets (to be applied to another event) or a full refund.
- In an effort to encourage patrons who are feeling ill or have been exposed to someone who is ill to stay home, the Schaefer Center is making all tickets fully refundable, right up until the time of the performance.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available throughout the venue.
- Restrooms available onsite
- Extra security for parking and other safety protocols available
- No re-entry allowed
On the Night of the Show
- Concerts will be held rain or shine.
- Patrons must bring their own lawn chairs for personal seating pods.
- Masks are strongly encouraged to be worn when outside of personal pod seating space.
- All patrons, artists and staff are asked to maintain a six-foot distance whenever possible.
- Audiences entering and leaving performance venues will be asked to utilize entrance and egress procedures that minimize group contact.
- Gate will open 60 minutes prior to performances.
- Parking is available onsite for one car per pod purchase; if the lot is full, patrons will be directed by event staff to adjacent overflow parking sites. The concert venue is accessible via the Greenway walking path.
- Wristbands will be given to patrons at check-in and are required to be worn at all times.
- There will be no intermission for events.
- Concessions will be available via onsite food trucks. Beverages will be sold by the university’s Food Services. No outside food and beverage, including alcohol, is permitted.
- In an effort to promote “touch-free” communication, there will be no distribution of printed programs or playbills. Program information will be provided to audiences, prior to the performance, in digital format (website and/or email communication).
- Only bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, or one-gallon clear plastic freezer bags, are permitted. An Appalachian Summer Festival-branded clear bags will be available for purchase at entry points for $10 each. Other App Summer merchandise and apparel will also be available for sale at these tents.
- No photography or video is allowed, with the exception of written permission exclusively for media by the Marketing Dept.
Prohibited Items Include:
- Pop-up tents, canopies, umbrellas, totems or anything that could obstruct the view of those behind you.
- Pets (except for service animals)
- Fireworks and explosives
- Weapons of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Drugs or illegal substances
- Coolers, purses, backpacks, mesh bags, tote bags, diaper bags, or camera cases