Accessibility and seating for patrons with disabilities
Appalachian State University is committed to providing an inclusive experience, accessible learning environments and equal opportunity to individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Individuals needing reasonable accommodations should contact the Office of Disability Resources (828.262.3056). It is recommended that accommodation requests be made two weeks prior to the event.
The Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts strives to make its performances and facilities accessible to all of our patrons. All wheelchair-accessible spaces are large enough for motorized wheelchair. If you have questions or would like to receive additional information about accessibility at the Schaefer Center, please contact Maura McKenzie, Box Office Manager, at email@example.com or 828-262-2248.
Patrons who have Mobility Disabilities
Seating for our patrons with mobility disabilities is available on both levels of the Schaefer Center. Maura McKenzie, Box Office Manager, is pleased to assist you in making seating arrangements for you or someone in your party. 828.262.2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrons who have Hearing Loss
The Schaefer Center is equipped with an infrared audio system for the hearing impaired. Headsets are available at the box office.
- No cameras or recording devices.
- All ages need a ticket.
- Late arrivals will be seated at the discretion of the House Manager.
Parking at Schaefer Center
- Parking for most Schaefer Center events is plentiful. After 5pm on weekdays, and at all times on weekends, Schaefer Center patrons may use any available parking lot on campus.
- The Peacock and Edwin Duncan parking lots are right across Rivers Street (access at the traffic light directly in front of the Schaefer Center.
- The Blue Ridge Parking Deck is behind the Schaefer Center (access from Stadium Drive.
- Covered parking is available at both the Rivers Street Parking Deck and the College Street Parking Deck.
Parking at State Farm Road Concert Lot
Parking is available onsite for a limited number of cars; overflow parking is available at Watauga County Recreation Center, 231 Complex Drive, Boone. The concert venue is accessible via the
Greenway walking path.
Parking at Kidd Brewer Stadium
Additional parking is available in the Stadium Parking Deck, Peacock Parking Lot on Rivers Street, and lots near and adjacent to the stadium. Signage will be visible.
- ADA parking is available near and adjacent to the stadium. Signage will be visible.
Bag Inspection Policy
For the safety and security of its patrons, the Schaefer Center staff reserves the right to inspect bags, purses, backpacks and other items being carried into the venue by visitors and audience members during major events. Patrons entering the venue with items prohibited by the facility (weapons of any kind, illegal drugs, or outside food/beverage items, including alcohol) will be asked to remove the prohibited item(s) to their car, or to another location, before gaining entry into the facility. The Schaefer Center does not provide an area to check purses, backpacks, or other personal belongings. If a patron chooses not to undergo a bag inspection, or to remove a prohibited item to another location, a ticket exchange (for an event on another date) will be offered.
Refund and Exchange Policy
Tickets to all events that are part of An Appalachian Summer Festival are non-refundable. If a ticketed event is cancelled for inclement weather or for other reasons beyond the university’s control, the tickets for that event may be exchanged for either:
- A re-scheduled performance by the artist whose event was cancelled (if a rescheduled appearance can be arranged with the artist).
- A performance of the patron’s choice, with an equal or lesser ticket value, during the year following the cancelled event. (Performance selections are subject to availability).
For ticket-holders who are unable to travel to the performance venue due to road conditions or other factors, tickets may be exchanged for a future performance (of equal or lesser value), subject to availability, by calling the Box Office prior to 5pm on the evening of the performance they are unable to attend.