Policies – Kidd Brewer Stadium
270 Stadium Dr., Boone, NC 28607
Ticketing and Seating
- Tickets are available online, by phone and in-person at the Schaefer Center Box Office.
- Seating has been designed in pods of two, four and six to maximize seating opportunities and maintain proper social distancing to provide safety and comfort for all patrons. The Box Office staff will strive to accommodate special seating requests, but seating availability is limited.
- Touch-free ticketing procedures will be utilized to minimize contact between ticket buyers and staff. Patrons can print tickets at home by accessing their ticket inventory linked in their confirmation email, or the Box Office staff can assist anyone with seating just prior to the show. No physical tickets available at Will Call.
- In the event of a performance cancellation, patrons will be offered the choice to either receive a credit for the full value of their tickets (to be applied to another event) or a full refund.
- In an effort to encourage patrons who are feeling ill or have been exposed to someone who is ill to stay home, the Schaefer Center is making all tickets fully refundable, right up until the time of the performance.
- Hand sanitation stations will be available throughout the venue.
- No re-entry is allowed.
On the Night of the Show
- Concert will be held rain or shine.
- Chairs will be provided for patrons who purchased floor seating.
For those who have not been vaccinated, the use of masks, covering the nose and the mouth, is required. In accordance with NC state guidelines, the use of masks covering the nose and the mouth is strongly encouraged for all audience members attending large public events.
Patrons, artists and staff are asked to maintain a six-foot distance whenever possible.
- Audiences will be asked to utilize entrance and egress procedures that minimize group contact.
- Gates will open two (2) hours prior to performance.
- VIP parking is available in Champions Lot and Top of the Rock Lot (passes are required for both lots). Additional parking in the Stadium Parking Deck, Peacock Parking Lot on Rivers Street, and adjacent stadium parking. Directional signage will be visible.
- There will be no intermission.
- In an effort to promote “touch-free” communication, there will be no distribution of printed programs or playbills. Program information will be provided to audiences, prior to the performance, in digital format (via the website and/or email communication).
- Only clear plastic bags that do not exceed 12”x6”x12”, or one-gallon clear plastic freezer bags, are permitted. An Appalachian Summer Festival-branded clear bags will be available for purchase at entry points for $10.
- No photography or video is allowed without express permission by the App Summer Marketing Dept.
Those who choose to consume alcohol must be able to present a valid driver’s license or photo ID to reflect their age upon request. Spirituous liquor, kegs, common containers and glass containers are not permitted in any location. Consumption of alcoholic beverages and tailgating in stadium lots is prohibited. No outside alcohol is permitted in Kidd Brewer Stadium.
There are no ATMs available inside the stadium. ATMs are available on campus at the following locations: Trivette Hall, Plemmons Student Union, Rivers St. (across from the parking deck.)
All persons and bags (including purses, pouches, backpacks, etc.) are subject to search as a condition of admission into Kidd Brewer Stadium. Searches are voluntary, and you may decline to be searched without penalty. However, if you declineto be searched, you CANNOT enter the stadium and your ticket will NOT be refunded.
The concession stands located throughout Kidd Brewer Stadium offer a variety of options and menus for fans. No outside food and beverages are permitted.
The customer service booth is located on the stadium’s west side, top of the hill coming into the stadium.
In case of evacuation, instructions will be given over the public address system. Event staff will assist fans to appropriate exits.
EXITING AFTER EVENT
Guests will leave the stadium via the main gates.No access to the track or field will be allowed. Also, no traffic will be allowed to access Stadium Drive from Rivers Street for 45 minutes after the conclusion of the event.
First aid is located behind section 217 and 218 of the east side. An ambulance is parked outside both the east and west gates to provide service if necessary. Medical personnel are also located on the west side plaza.
In the event of inclement weather, all guests will be advised that it is in their best interest to seek shelter. Emergency instructions will be delivered via the public address system and the message boards when possible.
Parents/guardians with a lost child should contact the nearest police officer or event staff member. That person will then contact the proper personnel to ensure the quickest response to the situation. If a child gets separated from his/her party, he/she should notify the nearest police officer or event staff member. If the child knows his/her seat location, attempts will be made to return the child to that location.
LOST AND FOUND
During the game you may check the customer service booth for lost items. After the game, all unclaimed items are turned over to the App State Police Department (828-262-2150)
An Appalachian Summer Festival merchandise will be sold at stands (University Bookstore) located on the stadium’s east and west side.
All carried items and entrants are subject to search. Prohibited items will be discarded. Any unlawful items are subject to confiscation and the person in possession of such items is subject to arrest.
- No Alcoholic beverages
- No Coolers or containers
- No Weapons of any kind and explosives
- No Food & beverages
- No Pets (except for service animals)
- No Umbrellas
- No Artificial noisemakers
The “Recycling at the Rock” program promotes recycling to encourage recycling on our campus. Please make a conscious effort to utilize recycling containers that are placed throughout campus and Kidd Brewer Stadium. Thanks for your commitment to the environment.
There is no re-entry to Kidd Brewer Stadium except for medical or other emergency situations.
As of June 1, 2008, smoking is prohibited in and within a 50-foot perimeter of all Appalachian State University facilities, including Kidd Brewer Stadium.
Help keep our campus beautiful by participating in “Clean Up After Yosef.” Please dispose of all trash in the provided bins and dumpsters.